Breathe easy in a Nuu-Muu exercise dress + win one too
Lots of people look cool, calm and collected in their yoga gear. Not me. Especially when I’m at my condo in Mexico where I have to climb a steep hill in 28 Celsius weather to get to my class at Yoga Sofia. Given I’m usually wearing black knit leggings and a black tank top that means I most often arrive dripping in sweat. Not the most flattering look. So, I jumped at the chance to experience life in sportswear by Nuu-Muu, creators of “Flattering exercise dresses for women on the go”. And since they generously sent me two sizes, I’ll be giving one ( Size M) away to a lucky reader. Here’s what I discovered about yoga, fashion and Nuu-Muu.
Nuu-Muu was founded by two fit (and stylish I might add) women, Christine Nienstedt (a marathon runner) and Ashley Fullenwider (a cyclist), in 2007. They believe in woman power, real bodies, riding bikes, being kind to the planet and having fun — basically everything I love. They also believe in fashion. Something I need help with. So, I when a trip to the Cancun-Rivera Maya Wine & Food Festival came up, I packed my Nuu-Muu exercise dress and crossed my fingers, hoping the little exercise dress would fit, be comfortable and allow me to blend in with the very posh crowd at the host hotel, Secrets The Vine Cancun.
After participating in the morning yoga classes ( in 28C weather – a true test), here’s what I discovered about my Nuu-Muu exercise dress:
- It looked good coming out of the suitcase, wasn’t wrinkled or crazy clingy with static electricity;
- It fit. With its generous armholes, there was lots of room to move around plus ample coverage through the waist as it reached mid-thigh;
- It was stylish enough to wear to breakfast without a cover-up. I wore it with exercise shorts and thought I looked rather fit;
- It was snug, in a supportive way, without being tight;
- The A-line shape was flattering and hid a multitude of sins (such as flights of artisanal chocolates I indulged in the evening prior);
- During the class itself (conducted by a very buff-looking instructor) the polyester-Lyra blend was breathable and moisture-wicking, as I didn’t seem to get sweaty even though the yoga postures were challenging and the sun was shining (I could only duck behind the shade of a palm tree for so long);
- At class end, I looked fresh, calm, cool and collected. I could have held my own with uber-fit travel pals Active City Travel Traveling Light and Wandering Carol without shame.
In summary, the Nuu Muu was a stylish, comfortable easy-to wear sports outfit. The only improvement I could wish for would be that it had a shelf bra or some sort of built-in support so I could have ditched my black and slightly pill-ball-covered, sports bra.
If you’d like to try the brand-new, size Medium Nuu-Muu exercise dress ( Value $70 USD) for yourself, just leave your name and a comment sharing where you’d wear your Nuu-Muu dress in the section below. On June 1, 2013, I’ll draw a lucky name using Random.org and post the winner’s name on my website. Your email address will not be shared, saved or used in any way. The winner will then have one week to claim their prize (email me at email@example.com) before it’s given to the second name on the list. I’ll even mail ( or deliver) the dress to you*
You can buy Nuu-Muu at select stores across Canada (Thunder Bay, Montreal, Vancouver and more ), the U.S. or online.
* AVAILABLE ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA AND PUERTO ESCONDIDO, MEXICO OR WHERE NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO CASH VALUE, RETURNS OR SUBSTITUTIONS). Note: The dress is similar but different than pictured.