A Look Inside 3 Best Mexico City Airport Hotels
If you’re enroute to a sun destination such as Puerto Escondido, Huatulco or Cancun and are stuck with an overnight layover at Mexico City airport (and you don’t have time to explore the heart of Mexico’s fascinating capital city), you don’t have to spend a fortune to get a hotel offering value, great customer service, safety and style.
Whether you’re looking for a luxury hotel inside Mexico City Airport, a cheap hotel with a shuttle to Mexico City Airport or a midrange hotel with a shuttle (and the added bonus of an outdoor swimming pool), here are our top choices in each category at Aeropuerto Internacional Benito Juárez:
Note that If you’ve got a long layover but don’t need to overnight, it’s worth looking into the Mexico City pod hotel which allows you to sleep inside a capsule for a much cheaper cost than staying in any of these hotels.
1. Luxury Hotels Inside Mexico City Airport: Courtyard by Marriott
In the superior category, the Courtyard Marriott Mexico City Airport is my recommended choice. Connected by walkway on the second level above Puerta (Door 7) in Terminal One of Benito Juárez International Airport this sleek 5-storey hotel, part of the Courtyard by Marriott collection with 900 hotels in 37 countries is a welcome option for those looking for convenience, safety and style within the Mexico City Airport. The Courtyard by Marriott Mexico City Airport Hotel‘s focus is on business travellers so signature amenities include spacious rooms, stylish lobbies, fitness centres, plush bedding and high-tech amenities.
Opened on April 1, 2012, the Courtyard Marriott Mexico City Airport launched with an unbeatable combination of competitive pricing and services. Although prices have increased since it first opened, it’s still your best choice if you want a hotel inside or connected to the Mexico City airport. It is far superior to the comparably priced Hilton and Camino Real, dated properties that are showing their age and can have spotty service.
If you have domestic connections, the Courtyard by Marriott hotel is located in Terminal One so is more convenient than NH Hotel. For those with connections to Puerto Escondido, the Courtyard Marriott Mexico City Airport offers easy access to VivaAerobus and Interjet check-in counters. The hotel has 271 rooms and 17 suites. It’s also conveniently located to rapid transit if you’d like to explore the many attractions of Mexico City.
What You’ll Love at this Luxury Mexico City Airport Hotel:
- Free internet in guest rooms and complimentary wireless in all public areas
- Handy option if you arrive late, are a nervous solo traveller, are travelling with a family or require an ADA accessible room.
- Free shuttle service to Terminal 2
- Fitness center
- Free in-room bottled water and coffee
- Complimentary coffee in the lobby 5 am – 10 am
- Paul Mitchell bath amenities
- Stylish lobby, library and business centre
TIPS: Avoid rooms 101-129 due to traffic noise
HOW TO FIND COURTYARD MARRIOTT MEXICO CITY: If you haven’t been to Benito Juarez Mexico City Airport Terminal One before you might not even realize there are two levels. To access the Courtyard Marriott you need to get to Level 2 of Terminal One. There are ramps and an elevator near Puerta 7 ( Door 7). Once you’re on the second level, follow the walkway to the Marriott.
Find the Best Price: Check prices for Courtyard by Marriott Mexico City Airport Hotel on Hotelscombined.com a search engine that checks booking sites such as Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and others to find you the lowest price.
2. Hotel with shuttle to Mexico City Airport: Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto
If you are prepared to stay outside the immediate perimeter of Mexico City Airport, you can cut your hotel bill by 30% and score a hotel that comes with plenty of bells and whistles. I have to admit that at first glance I was rather reluctant to stay at the Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto. Not only was it not directly connected to the airport, but its photos didn’t look very appealing.
But on a recent trip (my only other option was a $200 stay at the faded Camino Real), I decided to take a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. The Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto is now my favourite place to stay at the Mexico City Airport.
If you’re travelling solo, on business or travelling with a family, it’s definitely worth considering.
What You’ll Love: at this Mexico City Airport Hotel:
- Free airport-hotel shuttle departs from Puerta 4 on the Main level. There is an attendant waiting (look for the young men/women with clipboards) who will confirm your reservation and/or record your name. They call the shuttle and in my case, it arrived in five minutes.
- The Fiesta Inn is really just a five minute ride away and is within a secured compound.
- Decor is modern and stylish.
- Front desk staff speak English and were very professional and helpful at check-in.
- Free WIFI
- Quiet rooms with windows that open. Unlike some hotels within the airport, air quality is excellent.
- Outdoor swimming pool and lush gardens.
- Room was spotlessly clean, free bottled water was supplied and room service is available.
- Best of all was the breakfast buffet, featuring hot Mexican specialities, strong coffee, fresh juice, tortillas, toast and virtually everything you’d ever want to eat to fuel yourself for the next leg of your journey.
Find the Best Price: Check prices on Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto Mexico City on Hotelscombined.com a search engine that checks booking sites such as Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and others to find you the lowest price.
3. Cheap Hotel near Mexico City Airport with Shuttle: Grand Prix
For budget travellers, the nearby Hotel Grand Prix, is a very economical option and is also available via a free airport shuttle. It is five minutes further away from the airport than the Fiesta Inn but on my visits, the service was not to the same standard. Dining options are also limited.
Read our full and very detailed review of the Grand Prix: A Budget Hotel Option near Mexico City Airport for more information.
Find the Best Price: Check prices on Grand Prix Hotel on Hotelscombined.com a search engine that checks booking sites such as Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and others to find you the lowest price.
Price Comparison of the 3 Best Mexico City Airports
A price comparison of the three best Mexico City Airport hotels for a mid-week stay in September 2018 ( September 25 and 26) was as follows in USD for two adults, excluding tax per room:
Luxury: Courtyard Marriott $149 USD
Mid-range: Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto CD $98 USD
Budget: Grand Prix $73 USD
Prices can change without notice but this gives you a good idea of the price ranges.
Updated June 2018
This post contains hotel affiliate links. You can check our Disclosure page for details.