Smoked Trout Platter with Horseradish Cream Sauce
The ultimate make-ahead appetizer, this beautiful smoked trout platter is perfect for a patio party, entertaining or special occasion.
Servings 6 people
- 200 grams smoked rainbow trout in a filet
- 25 grams arugula
- 1/4 red onion medium
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- 2/3 cup sour cream light
- 1 tbsp white horseradish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon for garnish
Combine sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl
Slice red onion into half and then into thin slices
Spread arugula on a large oval platter
Remove skin from back of smoked trout and lay lengthwise on top of arugula
Spread capers and half of red onion slices on top of the smoked trout
Place sour cream mixture into piping bag or squeeze bottle and apply in a criss-cross decorative pattern over the trout.
Garnish with remaining red onion slices and wedges of lemon
- Select a large whole filet of the best quality smoked fish you can afford.
- If the sauce is too thick to pipe easily, add one tablespoon of warm water or enough to achieve a consistency that makes it easy to create a decorative pattern yet keeps it firm enough to hold a shape.
- Other accompaniments to a fish platter can be halved cherry tomatoes, sprigs of fresh chives or parsley, salmon mousse, raw oysters or smoked salmon.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 0.3mg