Venetian Blush Cocktail - Campari and Orange Aperitivo
This sparkling coral-pink cocktail is a delicious pre-dinner aperitif. It features the classic crimson-hued Italian liqueur mixed with orange and pomegranate juices topped with sparkling soda.It makes a pretty cocktail for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or brunch but is also a thirst-quenching summer drink that's not too sweet.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce vodka
- 2 ounces orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- 5 ounces Sanpellegrino Aranciata Rossa 1/2 can approximately
Fill a double old-fashioned, stemless wine glass or specialty cocktail glass with ice cubes made with filtered water.
Pour in the vodka and Campari.
Squeeze the fresh oranges to make orange juice. Add the pomegranate and orange juices to the glass. Stir gently.
Top with enough chilled San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa sparkling soda to fill the glass.
Garnish with an orange peel. Citrus peels are full of aromatic oils, which add depth and nuance. All you really need to finish this cocktail is a piece of peel to add some aromatic oil to its surface.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed to be accurate. It’s created by online calculators so the figures are only estimates.
- Serve this aperitif 30 to 60 minutes before dinner to stimulate the appetite, open the palate and aid digestion.
- To make a large batch, mix the vodka, Campari orange and pomegranate juices in a pitcher up to one day in advance. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Add ice and sparkling soda to the pitcher just before serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 174mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 28mg