Sparkling Mango Cocktail
Inspired by the famous Hotel California in Mexico, this sparkling mango drink uses fresh mangoes, tequila and white lemonade to create the ultimate summer cocktail!
Servings 4 drinks
- 6 cups chopped peeled, fresh mango
- 1 cup frozen white lemonade
- 4 ounces tequila, vodka or mezcal
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- chili lime salt to rim the glass
- lime wedge for garnish
Chile Lime Salt
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Place all ingredients ( except those for the chili lime salt and the lime wedge) in a high-powered blender
Blend at low and then high speed for 60 seconds until ice is pulverized into tiny pieces.
Moisten the rim of the cocktail glass by running a wedge of fresh lime around the top.
Spread the chili lime salt out on a small plate.
Invert the glass and dip it into the chile salt mixture, twisting it lightly until it's fully coated.
Pour the mango mixture into the glass and garnish with a wedge of lime
Chili Lime Salt
Grate the peel of a fresh lime using a zester.
Combine Mexican sea salt, chili powder and lime zest in a bowl.
Use to rim the top of a glass for margaritas, mezcalitos or this sparkling mango cocktail.
Note: Nutritional information is created by online calculators so the figures are only estimates.
- You can use any kind of mango but for the most brilliant orange colour similar to the Hotel California cocktail, opt for the Haden, Francis and Tommy Atkin variety.
- White or silver tequila is the best tequila to use in mixed drinks.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 2678IU | Vitamin C: 98mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg