Creamy Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
This delectable salad dressing is a magical marriage of the best of guacamole, green goddess and ranch dressings. It's a luscious topping for a simple summer salad, over grains or grilled meats and vegetables. It's also excellent drizzled over tacos or as a dip for crackers and tortilla chips.
Servings 32 Tablespoons
- 3 ripe avocados hass
- 1/3 cup onion white and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Hellman's light mayonnaise or homemade
- 1 clove garlic (small) crushed
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash the avocados, cut each in half, remove the pit. Scoop out the pulp.
In a food processor or blender, puree the avocado, onion, mayonnaise, garlic (crushed), yogurt and buttermilk until smooth.
Add the vinegar, olive oil, oregano, fresh lime juice and salt and pepper and blend until incorporated.
Serve immediately or chill and store covered in refrigerator.
Nutritional information is created by online calculators so the figures are only estimates.
- Store avocado salad dressing in a plastic or glass container to preserve its bright green colour.
- Anther tip for preventing avocado dressing from discolouring is to store it in the refrigerator in a container without much air space. I've found that a 12 ounce (355 ml) plastic or glass container works perfectly for leftover dressing. Cover with plastic wrap.
- If stored properly, this dressing will look and taste delicious for up to five days.
Serving: 1Tbsp | Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg