Recognized as the top Canadian travel blog by the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) in 2016, a Taste for Travel is an award-winning travel blog with a focus on food, drink and sun destinations. It features reviews of luxury resorts, restaurants and products as well as recipes, travel tips and advice to help readers discover the best of Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America, southern Europe, Florida and other sun destinations. The emphasis is on locally-sourced ingredients, innovative products and authentic experiences that are kind to the planet, people and animals. A Taste for Travel’s highly engaged readership is affluent, college-educated men and women between the ages of 30-65 who are interested in immersing themselves in local culture.
Here are some recent statistics (January 2017):
- DA 43 and PA 45
- 32,100 page views monthly, traffic growing at 21% monthly
- 8,900 Twitter followers @atastefortravel
- 5,300 Instagram followers @atastefortravel
- 1300 Pinterest
- Klout score 67 (Top 10%)
- Top 25% of the 1,000 Most Influential Travel Bloggers List (#137). The RISE Travel1K Leaderboard ranks the thousands of travel bloggers by scoring them on their social media influence using their Klout score. Topics of influence for @ATasteforTravel include #Food #Caribbean #Mexico #TropicalVacations #Restaurants #Hotels #Travel.
- A Top 100 Online Influencer Travel Blog calculated by Rise Global Insight Leaderboard.
- Alexa Rank 9,064 Canada and 178,000 in United States
- 30% of visitors from the U.S., 30% Canada, 10% Mexico, 5% each UK, Australia, Guatemala etc.
- Professional Travel Bloggers Association, Accredited Member
- North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA), Accredited Member
In addition, A Taste for Travel offers the potential for print or online coverage in leading publications. Editor Michele Peterson is a highly respected freelance travel journalist who has been recognized with awards of excellence by the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and the North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA). With an annual estimated reach of 3 million print readers annually, her work has appeared in Conde Nast, Fodor’s, Enroute (Air Canada), Westjet up!, Dreamscapes, Bold, Eva Air, British Airways Highlife, the Globe and Mail, The Montrealer and more than 100 other publications.
Michele Peterson is also a travel columnist for Fifty-five Plus magazine (circulation 100,000 print circulation, publicity value $7,600 a page) and a contributing editor at Taste & Travel International, a print publication for affluent culinary travellers. Please visit her Portfolio at MichelePeterson.com for sample articles, clips and published work.
A Taste for Travel is always looking for new destinations, products and experiences for readers. Here are some ways to partner with us:
- Sponsored blog post on A Taste for Travel
- Social media marketing campaign
- Feature Destination Blogging
- Contests and giveaways