Whether it’s National Tequila Day on July 24th or National Margarita Day on February 22nd or any other time of the year, it’s always a prime time to enjoy a Margarita cocktail. We’ve got the perfect Margarita recipe for you to celebrate with.
Enjoy a virtual vacay and get a lesson on how to make a perfect margarita in this Margarita Master Class video by Colleen Friesen and Kevin Redl. They filmed this video in our former condo at Eglantina in Puerto Escondido on the coast of Oaxaca in Mexico, so it really makes me wish I was back in Oaxaca. And having a margarita!
As a consolation, I did just visit the fabulous new La Escondida, a collection of luxury oceanfront villas, that just opened next door to Eglantina. With their incredible views, these new villas are a perfect spot to enjoy a margarita in Mexico.
We’ve also rounded up a list of other great spots to enjoy a margarita or Happy Hour cocktail in Puerto Escondido. Just scroll down for the listing.
Video on How to Make a Perfect Margarita and a Margarita Recipe
A video by Colleen Friesen and Kevin Redl, Certified Specialist in Spirits
Travel Guide to the Best Margaritas in Puerto Escondido
Some of the top restaurants and bars to enjoy a margarita in Puerto Escondido include:
- Fresh Restaurant: Located oceanfront on Zicatela beach. Watch the sunset and enjoy Happy Hour prices
- Ben Zaa: Happy Hour begins at 5:30 and the margaritas come frozen or on the rocks. These margaritas are so potent you may need to pace yourself or get a room
- Espandin: Enjoy stunning views at this elegant spot within Villas Carrizalillos
- Villas Sol Beach Club: Margaritas for lunch? Happy Hour starts early at this beach club at Bacocho Beach
- Vivo Resort: Listen to the thundering surf and sip a mezcal margarita at this upscale resort’s stylish new restaurant and bar