A Pod Hotel Arrives at Mexico City Airport
The world’s tiniest hotel experience — hotel pod capsules — have just arrived at Mexico City International Airport! Already popular in Japan and New York City, the concept of sleeping pods is aimed at travellers on the go. Mexico City Airport’s izZzleep Hotel features 40 capsules as well as a private luggage storage area and bathrooms with shower facilities.
Located in Terminal 1, these hotel pod capsules are designed for travellers with long connections, people on a budget or those looking for a quick refresh. So if you’re looking for a place to chill out for a few hours, to overnight enroute to Puerto Escondido or even just have a quick shower, one of the new izZzleep hotel pods at Mexico City Airport might be just what you need. Here’s a quick guide to these new hotel capsules.
10 Fast Facts about izZzleep Hotel Capsules at Mexico City Airport
- izZzleep pods are located in Terminal 1 beside the Marriot Courtyard Hotel which is on the upper level of Mexico City Benito Juarez (MEX)
- You can reserve your izZzleep capsule in advance
- Maximum of one person per pod – so even if you’re honeymooners you need to book two capsules.
- Minimum age is 12 years old and each individual must stay in his/her own capsule
- No food or drink allowed
- It’s open 24 hours/7 days a week
- Options include Night (overnight), Nap ( 2 hours and up) or Shower
- Minimum stay is 2 hours
- Each of the hotel pod capsules come equipped with a flat screen TV, WIFI, linens, a closet and AC
- Handy location to the Aerotren (Skytrain) and the Bus Station
This post contains affiliate links. Click here for the full disclosure statement.
What is the Cost for the izZzleep Hotel at Mexico City International Airport?
Night: 605 MXN pesos (around $35 USD) plus 16% VAT and 3% local tax
Nap: 280 MXN pesos ( around $16 USD ) plus 16% VAT and 3% local tax
Shower: 130 MXN pesos ( around $7.50 USD) plus 16% VAT and 3% local tax
Note: The nightly rate varies based on demand. A quick look on Booking.com for random dates for IzZzleep Hotel in September and October show a one-night rate of $67 USD which is considerably more than the posted rate. Today’s rate for one night at izZzleep is a much more attractive $35 USD.
It’s worth researching the cost of your stay, as in some cases, it might be cheaper to book a budget airport hotel. Here are a few of the full-size hotels we recommend at Mexico City International Airport
However, if you are just looking for a quiet place to hang-out, recharge your electronic devices, have a shower and use WIFI, izZzleep Hotel sounds like a very appealing deal. I’ll be staying in one on my next visit to Mexico City Airport so sign up for our A Taste for Travel newsletter and you’ll receive a full report on my hotel pod experience in your in-box.
Contact Information for the izZzleep Pod Hotel at Mexico City Airport
Mexico (55) 2599 1434
Outside +52 (55) 2599 1434