We may earn income from links in this post. Please read this Disclosure for details.
From swimming pools in the sky to private butlers, these luxury hotels in Grenada have it all. They’re the best hotels for a milestone birthday trip, a posh girls getaway or romantic couples vacation.
Over the past several years I’ve personally stayed in and completed site inspections at dozens of hotels, all-inclusive resorts and 5-star properties on this lush island in the Caribbean while writing for magazines like Hola Latinos, Virgin Atlantic and the Globe and Mail.
These bucket-list worthy resorts are my top choices for where to stay in Grenada if you’re looking for a splash-out splurge.
If you’re on a budget, but still want a lovely place to stay, check out our list of the Top 3 Budget Hotels in Grenada.
1. Silversands Grenada – Best Luxury Hotel on Grand Anse Beach
Highlights of Silversands Grenada:
- Contemporary architecture and brand new construction
- Location is close to Grenada’s historic capital city of St. George’s and offers easy access for tours to Grenada’s rum distilleries, hiking to Grand Etang Lake or other points of interest.
- Locally-sourced ingredients and fine dining make dining here a treat.
- Far from cruise ship crowds.
- Perfect for people who love long beach walks.
- The beautiful ribbon of a swimming pool is very shallow so it’s not the best place if you plan on doing cannonballs.
- Although Grand Anse Beach does not have a sargassum seaweed problem, there can sometimes be an accumulation of naturally-occurring seaweed at the edges of the bay.
I recommend this Luxury Hotel For: Couples, Girls Getaways, Solo, Honeymoon and Foodies
Get your camera ready for when you arrive at Silversands Grenada. It’s one of the most beautiful resorts I’ve ever stayed at. You’ll definitely want a photo at check-in.
Situated on beautiful stretch of Grand Anse beach in St. George’s, it offers plenty of wow-factor. The 5-star experience begins in the lobby where a shimmering ribbon of a swimming pool – the longest in the Caribbean – leads to the turquoise waters.
This contemporary design offers a Nikki Beach club meets zen vibe. The design was created by Reda Amalou and Stéphanie Ledoux of the award-winning French international design firm AW² known for their innovative projects in Asia.
Although minimalist in design there’s a sense of laid-back harmony in the property’s gardens, courtyards and reflection pools.
Among the suite collection are 16 garden view suites, 16 ocean view suites, seven penthouse level suites, three ocean view one-bedroom suites and a penthouse.
The penthouse level suites feature breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows and from the king-size platform bed decked out with a marble headboard and remote-controlled canopy.
One of the highlights of a stay at Silversands is its inspired cuisine. Helmed by Chef Jean-Louis Brocardi, Silversands two main restaurants include open-air Grenadian Grill and upscale Asiatique, featuring Asian-inspired dishes with a focus on Thai flavours.
Most ingredients are sourced through a partnership with GRENROP (Grenada Network of Rural Women Producers) which means the farm-fresh, organic and sustainably sourced flavours of Grenada shine.
Continuing the local ingredient theme at the spa is a hydrotherapy circuit (complete with ice cave, sauna and experiential shower) and restorative treatments such as facials, wraps and couples massages feature Grenadian spices and botanicals.
The posh spa and photo-ops at Silversands Grenada makes it worth considering if you’re planning a girls getaway in the Caribbean.
2. Calabash Boutique Hotel & Spa – Best Luxury Hotel on L’anse Aux Epines
Highlights of Calabash Boutique Hotel & Spa in Grenada:
- Calabash is Green Globe certified and is committed to sustainable tourism practices.
- L’anse Aux Epines (Prickly Bay) is secluded and away from cruise ship crowds.
- Sailing, snorkelling and other water sports are available onsite.
- You can bliss out in a beach hammock or in the full-service spa.
- Service at this luxury lodging is award-winning and exceptional.
- The pretty swimming pool with in-water loungers offers panoramic views.
- Breakfast, half-board and all-inclusive meal plans are available.
- Although Calabash is close to the West Indies Beer Company and Beer Garden, the secluded location in Saint George Parish means you’ll need to drive or take a taxi to dine at other restaurants in Grenada.
- Among the best hotels in Grenada on the beach, crescent-shaped L’Anse aux Epines is a beautiful but it isn’t as long as Grand Anse beach.
- Located at the most southerly tip of Grenada, West Indies where although clean, the waters aren’t as clear blue as they are on the western side of the island.
- If you’re travelling with children, between January 15 and March 15th, children must be over the age of 12.
- It’s far from St. George’s so not as easy to arrange DIY tours of the historic center or other attractions.
- Closed August to October (check website for details).
- There’s limited nightlife and it draws an older crowd.
I’ve stayed at the Calabash many times and have always been very impressed with the service and quality of this resort. There’s literally nothing that’s not working perfectly or a staff person who hasn’t gone above and beyond to make sure my stay has been as enjoyable as possible. It’s posh (but relaxed) and will satisfy even the most discerning traveller.
I’m not alone in being a fan. The Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa was voted #1 Luxury Caribbean Resort of the Year by Trip Advisor for 2019 and The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA) named owner Leo Garbutt 2020 Caribbean Hotelier of the Year – very well deserved!
Tucked amid the palms of secluded Prickly Bay and family owned since 1987, this boutique hotel recently completed multi-million dollar renovations of its Beach Club, lobby, spa and pool zone, vaulting into the elite Relais & Chateaux collection.
Highlights of a stay in one of the Calabash’s hilltop estate villas or 30 suites include a contemporary decor, stocked mini bar and Elemis bath amenities. Guests who opt for a Pool Suite score an outdoor shower and soaking tub as well as the opportunity to dip their toes in a private plunge pool, enjoy the free-standing tub and bask beneath the stars.
Located west of the property are four Estate Homes, with each villa featuring its own infinity pool, panoramic ocean views and five-star luxury for up to 10 people.
For things to do at Calabash there’s swimming, yoga and playing croquet as well as several water sports. There are also excursions to the Underwater Sculpture Park, the world’s first underwater sculpture museum, located in Molinere Beausejour Marine Protected Area.
One of the most unique features of Calabash is the full English breakfast served on the terrace of your guest cottage (or on the beach) by your personal maid.
Another highlight is the elegant afternoon tea served on linen-topped tables set on the open terrace of the Piano Bar where blue-crested hummingbirds flit beneath a canopy of tropical blooms. Rum punch cocktails and canapes are nice ways to wrap up a day in the sun.
When it comes to fine-dining, Calabash is also home to the acclaimed Rhodes restaurant, helmed by UK celebrity chef Gary Rhodes. The dinner menu showcases local ingredients in creative international and Grenadian dishes such as lambie (conch) with coconut salsa or creamy callaloo and goat cheese ravioli.
3. All-Inclusive Sandals LaSource Grenada – Best Grenada All-Inclusive on Pink Gin Beach
Highlights of Sandals Grenada Resort & Spa:
- Award-winning luxury brand offers a consistent 5-star luxury experience.
- Butch’s fine dining streak house restaurant is considered among best on the island.
- Picturesque and secluded location so no cruise ship crowds or vendors.
- At this all-inclusive resort, the all-in pricing helps with budget planning.
- Lots of activities — tennis, bingo, beach volleyball – as well as live music for evening entertainment.
- 5 minutes from Maurice Bishop International Airport.
- The Sandals Foundation is well respected for its commitment to the environment and the community
- Pink Gin beach is quite small so although you can enjoy lots of water sports, there aren’t any long stretches for beach walks.
- Transportation in Grenada can be expensive so you’ll likely spend most of your time on the property.
- Island Routes is the only tour company allowed to pick people up at the resort for excursions.
Best for: Couples, Honeymoon, Adults-only
If you’re a couple wondering where to stay on Grenada, Sandals Grenada should be at the top of your list. There are several categories of rooms to choose from including beachfront, oceanview, villas, suites with plunge pools and even penthouse suites with sky pools.
For a couples romantic getaway it offers the most comprehensive all-inclusive options available in Grenada.
This all-inclusive luxury resort set on exclusive Pink Gin Beach features 10 dining options and four bars. Highlights among the dining options include the acclaimed Butch’s Chophouse for steak and lobster lovers (make your dinner reservations in advance), wood-fired pizza at Dino’s Pizzeria, fine-dining at Le Jardinier and the Cafe de Paris patisserie.
Note that there is an evening dress code, especially when dining in Le Jardinier so be sure to pack long pants, closed toe shoes and a shirt with a collar for men. Women should wear stylish resort evening wear such as a cocktail dress – no shorts.
If you’d like to go exploring independently, it’s $23 USD one-way to Grand Anse Beach from Sandals by taxi and $18 USD on the return.
Things to do nearby include visiting Aquarium restaurant set on beautiful Magazine Beach and making a stop at the Memorial to Cuban Martyrs, a tribute to the 24 Cuban workers who lost their lives during the American invasion of Grenada in 1983.
4. Mount Cinnamon – Where to Stay in Grenada Near Morne Rouge
Highlights of Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club:
- Beautifully landscaped hilltop setting means fantastic mountain and ocean views.
- Full kitchens in many suites.
- Walking distance to both Morne Rouge and Grand Anse beaches so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
- Mount Cinnamon’s Beach Club offers a laid-back Caribbean vibe away from the cruise ship crowds.
- Both fine and casual dining are available onsite so you don’t need to go out for dinner.
- Swimming pool isn’t very big.
- Hilltop location offers fab views but your thighs will get a workout if you don’t call for a golf cart when heading back to your suite from the beach.
- It’s not easy walking distance to public transportation to St. George’s.
Best For: Families, Couples, Foodies.
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club in Grenada is an ideal setting for enjoying the extensive culinary and cultural experiences the Spice Island has to offer. The hotel plays host to a Culinary Adventure Week featuring celebrated UK pastry chef and chocolatier Will Torrent, and is a prime launching point for island tours, live cooking demonstrations, social events and tastings of local ingredients.
Mount Cinnamon’s signature restaurant Savvy’s features spectacular views and Caribbean dishes emphasizing local ingredients such as catch of the day, Grenadian chocolate and nutmeg ice-cream.
Set on a hilltop overlooking the white sands of Grand Anse beach, the decor is classic Caribbean in cheerful tropical colours. Terraces and patios within the suites and villas are perfectly positioned for enjoying breezy views of sky and sea.
It’s a short walk from Mount Cinnamon’s 37 luxury suites and villas to the resort’s beach club on Grand Anse, one of the best beaches in Grenada. At the beach club you can relax in a lounger with umbrella as well as enjoy casual fare such as cod fish cakes, linguine with lobster and special events such as the weekly bonfire party with live music.
5. Spice Island Beach Resort – Posh Beach Bungalows on Grand Anse Beach
One of the top places to stay in Grenada for a barefoot luxury vibe, you can literally step out of your posh bungalow onto the white sands of the Caribbean’s best beach at Spice Island Beach Resort. This fabulous all-inclusive resort has every amenity you need for a relaxing beach vacation.
Best for: Couples, Honeymoon, Families, Foodies
It’s got two restaurants, a yoga pavilion, sparkling swimming pools, a spa, in-room mini-bar, beach hammocks, a gym, membership in the Grenada Golf Club and a kid’s club to keep little ones entertained. Some rooms have their own plunge pools for the ultimate in seclusion. Even the gift shop is worthy of a splurge.
One of the most expensive hotels on the island of Grenada, there’s plenty of pampering here, from the attentive room service to exceptional, locally-inspired cuisine. The fully inclusive plan includes a welcome drink, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner as well as mini-bar beverages.
When it comes to cuisine, the menu at Spice Island Beach Resort is very well-designed and features a selection of must-try local Grenadian dishes such as curried wild goat and roti along with lighter options such as seared snapper, stuffed tomatoes and ultra-fresh, creative salads.
The Desserts of the Day include treats such as avocado cheesecake and housemade sorbets in tropical flavours such as passionfruit and guava. Foodies definitely won’t be disappointed with a stay at Spice Island Beach Resort.
Travel Planner for Grenada
Royalton Grenada Resort & Spa: A sparkling new option for an all-inclusive luxury resort stay on Grenada is the Royalton Resort & Spa. I haven’t yet stayed there personally but this highly regarded brand has a prime location on Aquarium Beach formerly the home of the Rex by Grenadian.
Check prices and availability for the Royalton Grenada Resort & Spa on Booking.com.
Pure Grenada: Visit the official Pure Grenada Tourism website for a wealth of handy travel information.
Grenada Cruise Ship Schedule: It’s worth checking the Grenada Cruise Ship Schedule when planning excursions and beach time.
You Might Also Like:
- Food Lovers Guide to Grenada’s Food, Drink and Dishes
- A Beginner’s Guide to Snorkelling Grenada’s Underwater Museum
- 12 Reasons I’m Tempted to Drop Everything and Move to Grenada
- Best Caribbean Beaches to Visit in 2020.
Save to Pinterest!